Rail, Construction, Civils etc. / £35,000 TO £45,000 PLUS CAR/ALLOWANCE (DEPENDENT UPON SKILL AND EXPERIENCE)
Job ref: CS04-25/08/17
City Surveys are looking to recruit an experienced, team-minded and pro-active HSQE Manager/Advisor to assist in the implementation of Group HSQE Management Systems and provide HSQE advice and support to employees.Read more
City Surveys are looking to recruit an experienced, team-minded and pro-active HSQE Manager/Advisor to assist in the implementation of Group HSQE Management Systems and provide HSQE advice and support to employees.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
– Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality (HSQE) matters in conjunction with the HSQE function.
– Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the HSQE of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Procedures.
– Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
– Support management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the HSQE Plans.
– Carry out inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
– Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any recurrences.
– Collate Business / Contract HSQE statistics in a timely manner and submit to the HSQE Management & HSQE function for reporting purposes.
– Review HSQE information to identify trends and areas for improvement. Develop and implement HSQE campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the HSQE Management.
– Assist in the preparation & review of project HSQE documents including those of 3rd parties.
– Provide support to Project teams in the development of HSQE Plans.
– Produce HSQE plans, procedures and associated documentation.
– Identify significant HSQE issues for contracts / yards and help set-up contracts / yards to include appropriate controls.
– Identify HSQE consents / permits or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained.
– Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Legislation, Company procedures and Contract Requirements.
– Provide reports, presentations and information as directed by the Business / HSQE Management.
Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
– Support the Business / HSQE Management in the delivery of the Audit Programme.
– Undertake HSQE audits as required.
– Providing input into pre-qualification, tender and HSQE award submissions.
– Stopping work with the agreement of the HSQE / Site / Project Management at any time HSQE management of the works is in question.
– Disseminate information issued by the HSQE function to relevant employees.
– Participate in working groups / forums as required.
– Participate in the work of committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required.
Skills / Experience
– Knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
– Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role
– Rail experience essential
– Relevant HSQE Membership (E.g. IOSH, IEMA, CQI)
– Diploma or Chartership preferred
– Significant understanding and experience of the requirements, management and implementation of the ISO 9001, 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 standards essential
City Surveys is an equal opportunities employer with a well-balanced work force both on site and in the office. Applications from all faiths, ethnic backgrounds, nationalities and genders will be considered equally and fairly.
Are you interested in applying for this position? If so please send your CV and a covering letter/email to email@example.com.
Those passing the first stage of the process will be invited to a brief telephone interview. Those passing this will be invited to our Head Office for an interview in person.